Anxiety of Uncertainty or A Black Highway at Night

    At about 11am tomorrow morning I am going to be embarking on a new and exciting/ cripplingly horrifying adventure in my life. If you have been paying attention to my shows page you see that I am heading on the road for my first feature/paid gig. I am starting with a one nighter in Augusta, GA and then working a weekend in Fort Mill, SC. I am not familiar with anxiety and panic attacks, but holy crap, we are becoming close friends.

   This isn't my first rodeo though. I think I am stressed about the loneliness. It's a little trippy to hink I am going to be all by myself. I am not going to know anyone and I gotta roll into a place I have never been and make people laugh. That is a crazy thought. Normally I have people I know at the club or at least hanging out for the weekend, but now it is all up to me. I'll be all alone.



Allloooooooooooonnnneeeee...

Here goes nothing I suppose. Everyone who has ever made a name for themselves has gone through this. I suppose it's my turn.

"All ordinary people who do extraordinary things at some point have made a courageous decision"

1 comment

Greg Larson November 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM

You had no need to be nervous, dude. You killed it with your half hour. I especially liked your bit about people getting offended that your tall ass doesn't play basketball. I was indeed offended by the fact so I was glad you called attention to it. I didn't know you were going to be doing a show in Fort Mill too (I assume you meant you would be performing at the Comedy Zone). I used to go to that club back when I went to Winthrop. Great venue for comedy; little black room with no televisions, no bar, and a stage right smack in the middle of the audience.

Good fucking luck, Brent. I mean it.

Sincerely,
The young white guy who talked to you after your set in Augusta.

Post a Comment